Syndrome of the anterior conflict
It is a pain of the ankle anterior part.
The pain is due to inflammation of certain structures in the joint due to trauma, such as a simple sprain or ankle fracture.
This is a typical and frequent lesion among footballers who repeatedly perform several kicks on the ankle inner side causing a bony outgrowth at the same level of the ankle.
Diagnosis is mainly clinical.
- Pain: is felt like a band which extends from the external face the anchor to the inner on.
- Limitation of motion in dorsiflexion.
- we can specify the anatomical region corresponding to the painful area by palpation.
Complementary examinations are useful:
- standard radiography, always.
- MRI essential for the diagnosi.
- Medical treatment: Always comes in the first place and must involve analgesics, anti-inflammatories, rehabilitation and infiltration.Patients who still feel a pain , despite the injection, may benefit from arthroscopy. The cleaning of the front part is carried out by two small incisions.
- ARTHROSCOPY: has changed the care and prognosis of past conflicts. This minimally invasive surgery allows for the introduction of instruments such as the camera and forceps allowing to remove diseased tissue, all in a day hospital.
To avoid a hematoma, which often develops after the operation, and may cause the same symptoms, it is strongly recommended to move the ankle in maximum amplitudes, this is to be done immediately after waking. Support is immediate.